Thursday, March 17, 2016

3/17/16 - Log 7

It's been a couple days, but finally updating.

Got some really bad news, my headset/microphone broke. Which means I can't record anything for some time, which probably means I'm going to either lose subscribers, or when I finally post videos again, not as many of them will be active on my channel anymore waiting for posts, and therefore I'll probably get a lot less views that if I were to post a video now, or yesterday.

But it's not all dull, I actually did start working on my game developemnt again (I don't know if you guys were aware) but I've definitely been doing Game Development a lot longer than I have been YouTube'ing. And being no longer able to record videos, I felt a little bit of motivation that actually carried me quite a bit ways. For example, today was a snow day, so I had all day to work on my game development. I got up at 10:00, started working at about 10:30, and am still working now (Just paused to update blogs). In fact I got so much done that I have posts on my game dev blog ready for the next 3 days. Which I won't post early, because if I do skip a day, I won't have to worry about it because I'll have a post ready anyway. So it's always good to have posts done in advance. That way I can also post them early-day instead of late-day (after the dev is done).

Basically my structure is POST - Work on the game - Prepare next days post - work on the game more - POST - Repeat.

So actually when you see a post on the development, I actually got that update done the day before. (most the time) sometimes when I fall behind (like today) the post you see that day was actually from that day.

If you want to check out my game dev blog, CLICK HERE.

I try like hell to balance my time between game development and gaming (recording), but it can be hard. The best thing to do is spend an entire afternoon recording a bunch of games then set them to auto-post on the appropriate dates so you get 1 a day. Then the next day(s), you work on game development and get those blog posts lined up for publishing. Then you have some days off to not stress, then repeat the process.

Actually people like PewDiePie usually have their YouTube videos recorded a month prior to when you see them, they just get a lot done in a few days then spend the rest of the time relaxing. (Not to mention all the time it takes to edit videos & upload them).

Current Subscribers: 62 (+1 from 2 days ago, but actually gained this sub yesterday)
Current Total Views: 2,402

No comments:

Post a Comment